Effective Date: March 17, 2020
What information do we collect?
We collect personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information. Personally identifiable information (also referred to as “personal information”) is any information that can be used to individually identify you from a larger group, such as data including, but not limited to, your:
- first and last name;
- email address;
- comments or messages provided in free text boxes.
The personally identifiable information we collect is limited to what you give us. You may provide us with personal identifiable information when you:
- subscribe to our newsletter,
- request information,
- fill out a form to submit an order, or
- register on our Site
The information that you provide in each case will vary. In some cases, we may ask you to create a username and password that should only be known to you. When ordering from or registering on our Site, as applicable, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, or phone number. You may, however, visit our Site without entering any personally identifiable information.
We also collect non-personally identifiable information related to your device, specifically, the device model, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, and the device country, language, date and time zone. We collect this information using automated tools that are detailed below:
- Cookies. A “cookie” is a small data file transmitted from a website to your device’s hard drive. Cookies are usually defined in one of two ways, and we may use both of them: (1) session cookies, which do not stay on your device after you close your browser; and (2) persistent cookies, which remain on your device until you delete them or they expire. Of course, if you do not wish to have cookies on your devices, you may turn them off at any time by modifying your internet browser’s settings. However, by disabling cookies on your device, you may be prohibited from full use of the Site’s features or lose access to some functionality.
- Web Beacons. A Web Beacon is an electronic image. Web Beacons can track certain things from your computer and can report activity back to a web server allowing us to understand some of your behavior. If you choose to receive emails from us, we may use Web Beacons to track your reaction to our emails. We may also use them to track if you click on the links and at what time and date you do so. Some of our third-party marketing partners may use Web Beacons to track your interaction with online advertising banners on our Site. This information is only collected in aggregate form and will not be linked to your Personal Information. Please note that any image file on a webpage can act as a Web Beacon.
- Embedded Web Links. Links provided in our emails and, in some cases, on third-party websites may include tracking technology embedded in the link. The tracking is accomplished through a redirection system. The redirection system allows us to understand how the link is being used by email recipients. Some of these links will enable us to identify that you have personally clicked on the link and this may be attached to the Personal Information that we hold about you. This data is used to improve our service to you and to help us understand the performance of our marketing campaigns.
- Third-party Websites and Services. We work with a number of service providers of marketing communications technology. These service providers may use various data collection methods to improve the performance of the marketing campaigns we are contracting them to provide. The information collected can be gathered on our Site and also on the websites where our marketing communications are appearing. For example, we may collect data where our banner advertisements are displayed on third-party websites.
What are your choices in selecting privacy preferences?
We want to provide you with relevant information that you have requested.
If we provide subscription-based services, such as email newsletters, we will allow you to make choices about what information you provide at the point of information collection or at any time after you have received a communication from us while you are subscribed. Transactional or service-oriented messages are usually excluded from such preferences, as such messages are required to respond to your requests or to provide goods and services, and are not intended for the purposes of marketing.
We will not intentionally send you email newsletters and marketing emails unless you consent to receive such marketing information. After you request to receive these emails, you may opt out of them at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email. Please note that by opting out or unsubscribing you may affect other services you have requested we provide to you, in which email communication is a requirement of the service provided.
Any such communications you receive from us will be administered in accordance with your preferences and this policy.
How do you access your personally identifiable information?
We strive to maintain and process your information accurately. We have processes in place to maintain all of our information in accordance with relevant data governance frameworks and legal requirements. We employ technologies designed to help us maintain information accuracy on input and processing.
To view and change the personally identifiable information that you have provided to us, you can contact us directly for assistance.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To provide Clients with data analysis tools and impression information.
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs), facilitate Site usage, and enforce our Terms.
- To prevent malicious activity and provide you with a secure experience.
- To prevent unwanted messages or content.
- To improve our offerings (we continually strive to improve our offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you).
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs).
- To send periodic emails (the email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions).
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personally identifiable information. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site or Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We advise you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We do our best to protect your personal information. But we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site or Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are also not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site or Services.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating and, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties contractually agree to keep such information confidential and take reasonable administrative, technological, and physical measures to protect that information. We may disclose your personally identifiable information to our trusted third-party business partners in accordance with this policy. We work with a number of partners that help us process your requests, deliver customer service and support, send email marketing communications, and provide experiences that you have come to expect from us. We will share your personally identifiable information with these third parties in order to fulfill the service that they provide to us. These third-party partners are under contract to keep your Personal Information secure and not to use it for any reason other than to fulfill the service we have requested from them.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information on the Site from anyone under 13 years of age, and no part of our Site is directed to persons under the age of 13. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THIS SITE AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. Our products and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old. In the event AdAdapted discovers that personal information has been collected from a person under 13 years of age, without verified parental consent in accordance with COPPA, AdAdapted will delete such information.
Your California rights
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section § 1798.83, we will not disclose or share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the purposes of third-party marketing to you without your prior consent.
Other than as disclosed in this privacy, the Site does not track users over time and across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising. Therefore, the Site does not operate any differently when it receives Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals from your internet web browser.
What if I am situated outside the United States?
206 East Huron Street, Suite #101
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: +1 (313)-744-3383